[standards-jig] IBB Again

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Mon May 5 17:07:26 UTC 2003

Thank you, Rachel Blackman (and Russel Davis too).

Consensus from the meeting (as far as I can see it):

- FNeg is not suitable for negotiating connections.
- We need, or at least could use, an abstract way to negotiate what
stream to use.

to wich we can add:

- REL so far only covers *initiation* of a *reliable* stream.

That leaves me with two questions:

Is it possible to extend Fneg so that it can handle things like
connection initiations or is this too far out of scope? Reading the
logs I'm under the impression dizzyd is supposed to look into this now
;)

And, should REL be extened to cover not just the initiation but the
entire lifespan of any possible stream (incl. unreliable?)? (wether
FNeg covers initiation or not) And if so, should it including things
like reconnecting, switching to a different type, etc.

--
Tijl Houtbeckers
Software Engineer @ Splendo