AW: [standards-jig] JEP-0022 composing Events

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Mon May 5 23:05:06 UTC 2003

> No servers are involved with the composing events. If we want something
> more triumphant, we may need to replace the existing protocol or
> seriously revamp it.

Having not seen the original discussion (I joined the list after the
discussion concluded), I'd like to echo Alex Gnauk's original
request/question for a way for the 'composing' event to properly handle
multiple replies without receiving a message in-between.

This 'feels' wrong to me, since every other IM system that supports typing
indicators and a 'chat' like mode doesn't mysteriously make the typing
indicator go away after the first reply. :)

So if there is a revamp of JEP-0022, I'd like to chime in with that being a
concern to be addressed. :)

Trillian Messenger - http://www.trillian.cc/