[standards-jig] Re: Nested Roster Groups (JEP-0083)

Iain Shigeoka iain at jivesoftware.com
Tue May 6 15:16:57 UTC 2003

On 5/6/03 2:46 AM, "Alexander Gnauck" <alex.gnauck at gmx.de> wrote:

> what happens when i wanna have the delimiter in my groupname ? I think
> its not neccessary to Query the server for delimiter. The delimiter
> could be fixed in the JEP (Protocol). But i like the idea of nested
> groups.

I was kinda thinking the same thing: it would be nice to set a standard
delimiter and simple escape in the JEP. I'd tentatively propose that the
delimiter always be "::" and if you want to use "::" in a roster name you
need to use one plus the number of colons you actually want. Simple and
eliminates the dependency on iq:private which makes the simple JEP even
simpler. :)

-iain