[standards-jig] protocol gathering

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue May 6 15:33:57 UTC 2003

Since these protocol gatherings have been productive, let's keep up the
momentum. Here are some items we might want to discuss this week:

1. Ad-Hoc Commands (JEP-0050) -- this is in Last Call, so now
   would be a good time to discuss any concerns about it.
   http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0050.html

2. Pubsub (JEP-0060) -- should be going to Last Call soon, no?
   http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0060.html

3. Message Delivery Semantics (JEP-0079) -- any feedback on
   linuxwolf's suggested changes?
   http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0079.html

4. In-Band Bytestream (JEP-0047) -- much discussion of late,
   let's crank through some of the issues.
   http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0047.html

5. Message Events (JEP-0022) -- this was and is informational,
   do we need a standards-track JEP to replace it?
   http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0022.html

6. Avatars (JEP-0008) -- thoughts on how to do this with pubsub?
   http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0008.html

I think that's enough controversial issues to fill one hour. :)

The gathering is at 22:00 UTC in the foundation at conference.jabber.org
room. See you there!

Jabber Software Foundation