[standards-jig] NEW: User Avatars (JEP-0084)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu May 8 13:24:51 UTC 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 03:14:03PM +0200, Heiner Wolf wrote:
> I totally agree with disco/pub/sub for IM/P.
>
> I just want to make sure that the new conference component distributes
> <presence/> untouched for existing clients. I don't want it to obey the
> avatar JEP too much and rip off avatar tags, because they are not
> allowed.

The MUC JEP says specifically this:

If the author of a component doesn't want extended information to go through
then that is his/her choice. If you don't like it, patch it/don't use it/write
your own.

The avatar JEP doesn't say anything about ripping things off, and the IETF
documents only discourages certain extended information in presence stanzas.

Ralphm