[standards-jig] LAST CALL: Jabber Timestamp Profiles (JEP-0082)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon May 12 22:06:32 UTC 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 05:27:20PM -0400, chelck at ebs.com wrote:

> JEP-0082 has date, datetime, and precise datetime profiles. Does it
> need a time of day profile? Suppose I want something like:
>
> <clock>
>   <alarm sound="Buzzzzz" time="08:30:00"/>
> </clock>

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. We don't have any protocol that uses such
a profile yet, so I'd prefer not to add it until we use it (we can add a
new profile through the Jabber Registrar).

> Would it help if it said what it meant by a "profile"?. I didn't find
> any definitions in the referenced documents.

The concept of an ISO 8601 profile is captured in documents from the W3C
and IETF:

http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

I'll add references to those.