[standards-jig] Jabber ping

David 'TheRaven' Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Sun May 18 22:18:43 UTC 2003

Disconnection does seem to be a problem with jabberd at the moment.  It
does not seem to show users as offline if they do not disconnect
correctly (I have disconnected due to a restart and later been told that
I had appeared online for several hours afterwards).
This seems to be an implementation problem rather than a protocol
problem, however.  Should the server not notice that the TCP connection
has failed when it sends a keep-alive signal and then send an 'offline'
presence indicator as if the user had disconnected?