[standards-jig] UPDATED: User Avatars (JEP-0084)

Sebastiaan Deckers cbas at screaming3d.com
Wed May 21 17:39:18 UTC 2003

I also feel that this resolution cap is not based on any good reason.
Scaling is what clients will be doing anyway.  It's common sense.
Restricting the proportions is also an arbitrary decision.  What if a
client uses elliptic or rectangular shaped avatars?
If the concern is about renegade clients uploading megabyte-size avatars
at 700dpi (lol) then just put a cap on the filesize.  Maybe a maximum of
20kB?
I would like to leave these limitations up to the implementation because
there is no way to enforce them.  Calling it a broken implementation is
not going to solve anything.
--
Sebastiaan