[standards-jig] UPDATED: User Avatars (JEP-0084)

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Wed May 21 17:48:44 UTC 2003

> I also feel that this resolution cap is not based on any good reason.
> Scaling is what clients will be doing anyway.  It's common sense.

Actually, my problem is not with the maximum size; that's fine, I can
accept a maximum avatar size.  Most web-boards, LiveJournal, etc. all limit
you in the size of an image you can stick into a field.

But a minimum?  I think as long as the image is valid, it should be okay.
If someone wants a 1x1 dot as their avatar, I can't think of why they
would, but I can't think of why that should be disallowed, either. :)

Trillian Messenger - http://www.trillian.cc/