[standards-jig] NEW: Stream Initiation (JEP-0087)

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Thu May 22 19:00:53 UTC 2003

Here is my list of outstanding issues that we wish to have discussion
on:

#1)  Who is defining the stream links discussed in Section 4.2.  Should
it be this JEP for the current streams such as s5b and ibb, or should
the other JEPs add notes about this so they can custom tailor the
decision on how it's used?

#2)  Should profiles use an alternate syntax, perhaps something similar
to:

   <profile xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/si/profile/profile-name'>
     <foo>
       <bar>baz</bar>
     </foo>
   </profile>

This would offer them complete control over there specific information,
but it creates a bit more complexity for the implementors.

#3)  Reverse initiation use case.  Linuxwolf will post the use case and
start this discussion.

All comments are welcome, but those are the main questions still.

--temas