[standards-jig] NEW: Client Webtabs and Generic Alerts

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Fri May 23 16:25:55 UTC 2003

I had another thing, which is I don't want the core server (JSM in some
implementations) to have to be the thing that responds to these queries.

<iq
    type='result'
    from='domain.com'
    to='user at domain/resource'
    id='disco1'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
    <item
        jid='webtabs.domain.com'
        node='webtabs'
        name='Webtabs for the masses'/>
  </query>
</iq>

Treating disco like iq:agents.  Of course you'd have to disco to each item
to find out what it does, but you're going to have to do that anyway.

I'm sure there's some way to do disco for the webtab items as well.   Once
you discover the node names for each of the tabs, you could do an iq in the
http://jabber.org/protocol/webtab namespace to retrieve the actual contents.