[standards-jig] NEW: Client Webtabs and Generic Alerts

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Mon May 26 17:36:22 UTC 2003

Im not opposed to giving the option for implementations to have a different
host providing the webtabs queries but that would not be the preferable
option, since this protocol is so simple I think it is overkill to have to
have separate hosts/programs providing this, as far as JSM is concerned this
would be much better as a JSF module IMO.

What are the reasons for having something else handle these queries??

Also since disco cannot cleanly handle all of the information webtabs need
why is there the need to make it more complicated by using multiple queries
using disco and then making webtabs native requests, surely its simpler the
way it is now all in a single request??

Richard