[standards-jig] SASL Libs

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Thu May 29 22:25:10 UTC 2003

On the J2SE front, a couple of options I know of.

>From the depths of the JCP, there is the "Official" Java SASL library
(aka JSR 28), which is "Pure Java".  The dependencies is J2SE , and JAAS
(Java Authentication and Authorization Service), which is now part of
J2SE 1.4 and above.  While JSR 28 is complete, it is also (like the rest
of JAAS) not exactly intuitive to use.
-  http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=28
-  http://www.worldspot.com/jsr28/

Additionally, Cyrus SASL has Java binding, but it's implemented as a JNI
layer over the core library.  While Cyrus is available for a large
number of platforms, anything relying on JNI tends to have portability
issues ('member marble early days, Diz? (-: ).
-  ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/

-  LW