[standards-jig] auth & reg redux

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri May 30 16:33:06 UTC 2003

So it seems like this "esecret" and "edigest" stuff was premature. I'm
going to remove that content from JEPs 77 and 78 respectively. I'm also
going to add information about deprecating these protocols. Well, at
least for jabber:iq:auth. Any thoughts on deprecating jabber:iq:register
as well? It does seem woefully insecure, so my feeling is that we would
do best to put both of these protocols on a schedule for review and
potential deprecation by the Council -- every six months seems to be
about right.

Thoughts?

Jabber Software Foundation