[standards-jig] Calendaring - Requirements & Goals

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Fri May 30 20:45:06 UTC 2003

So far, I've seen a number of suggestions for what to use/not use for
"Jabber Calendaring".  While helpful, having a solution in search of a
problem has historically lead to failure.  Additionally, the solutions
presented so far don't seem to take into account the nice infrastructure
protocols that we have developed or are developing (xdata, xcommands,
pub/sub, date/time).

Before we go further on this, how about we first come up with what our
requirements and goals are?  While these "details" might seem obvious, I
have seen many a project fail because of this, some quite spectacularly.

--

Matt "linuxwolf" Miller
JID:	linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
E-MAIL:	linuxwolf at outer-planes.net