[standards-jig] Re: My IP Address

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Sep 2 17:33:08 UTC 2003

Yea I agree that the IP address itself is not all that useful when behind a
NAT since you will probably not be able to use it for anything, although it
is useful if you are just trying to automatically find out if you are behind
a NAT by comparing that IP with the known IP's of your interfaces, i.e. if
the external IP does not match one of your interface IP's then there you are
likely behind a NAT.

Richard