[standards-jig] Re: My IP Address

Bart van Bragt jabber at vanbragt.com
Tue Sep 9 11:23:36 UTC 2003

Michael Brown wrote:
> No, the simplest method of doing a file transfer for me - as it stands
> today - is via oob http (supported by almost all clients) though NAT (almost
> everyone has a hardware NAT server now) with port forwarding (this is the
> only configuration) or uPNP.
Seems like there are also Linux implementations of uPNP showing up. Also
seems like more and more firewalls/NAT-boxes/routers are starting to
support UPnP, mainly because of MSNM 5/6..

http://www.upnp.org/
http://linux-igd.sourceforge.net/

I guess the Jabber clients need to support UPnP in order to use it?

--
Bart van Bragt