[standards-jig] NEW: JEP-0118: User Tune Information

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Sep 11 13:00:28 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 02:37:23PM +0200, Patrick Hanft wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 11. September 2003 10:42 schrieb Ralph Meijer:
> > On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 12:46:02AM +0100, milk wrote:
> > > how about information for format, bitrate, and possibly some (if not all)
> > > id3v2 elements?
> >
> > Seriously, would anyone be interested in this kind of data? I can imagine
> > people finding it of interest what I'm listening to, but I would say they
> > couldn't care less whether it is an ogg, mp3 or which bitrate.
>
> Maybe there could be any use for this in some kind of machine-to-machine
> communication or for other special application. Well, I don't have any exact
> imaginations about this, but maybe it could be usefull. So better in than out
> and later having someone being annoyed by it.

Surely not. I like my protocols nice and clean. If this stuff would be needed
later on by an application, this JEP can be updated or superseded to include
the new elements or even a new namespace could be used for a child of
{http://jabber.org/protocol/tunes}tune. Implementations must ignore XML
elements and namespaces they don't recognise, this is why Jabber is so
extensible.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm