[standards-jig] NEW: JEP-0118: User Tune Information

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Sep 11 23:16:59 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 06:48:54PM -0400, Daniel Chote wrote:
> In Rival3, I was sending out a string of "artist - song" basically what
> winamp had written to its playlist file, I also included a file type, ie
> mp3, ogg and if the item was an http stream, i included a url to that
> stream... I basically just butchered it in to what julian had done...
> Not clean, but it worked...
>
> And to answer the q about is it really worth it... I found that the
> majority of Rival users loved that option.

Great, real feedback from developers and end users!

The <source/> element in the tunes namespace can old a URL if that is
the source (i.e., not a CD or mp3 etc.). I have no major objections to
including the filetype and will add that to version 0.3 of the JEP if we
have consensus (nothing says one has to include it, since that element
will be optional).