[standards-jig] disco category for clients

Justin Kirby justin at openaether.org
Fri Sep 12 01:34:50 UTC 2003

> - handheld  [client on PDA or other small device]
> - pc        [traditional desktop/laptop client]
> - phone     [client on mobile phone or other telephony device]
> - web       [browser-based client]

Instead of client categories, why not create a capability category?

If I have a handheld with 96MB and 400Mhz with full color, vs a PC with
64MB w/ 333Mhz?  Or client connection speeds, bluetooth vs dialup vs
ethernet?

So instead of attempting to guess what the clients capabilities are
based on some arbitrary naming system, why not create a system to
identify client capabilities?

Justin