[standards-jig] very large MUC rooms

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Tue Sep 16 10:17:27 UTC 2003

Hmm, my first instincts about this proposal are that I'm not really
seeing the need for such as system beyond the example you give, and can
think of another (better?) way of handling such a setup - What I would
do is have a bot in the room which would transmit the contents of the
room onto the "observers".

One of my worries is that the spec, as it stands, is a simple yet
effective way of handling conferencing - If it was decided that this was
wanted, i would suggest it needs to be a part of a seperate JEP, such as
a 'MU-C Services' JEP (as suggested during the council voting on MU-C in
the first place)

Regards,

  David