[standards-jig] very large MUC rooms

Ryan Eatmon reatmon at jabber.org
Tue Sep 16 12:42:33 UTC 2003

Now that sparks an interesting idea...

Broadcast rooms.  This could be a room that only a few people can join
(the participants) and freely chat without interupption.  All of the
conversations of that room are instead broadcasted to any number of
listener rooms.  That way you don't have to have thousands in a single
room.  Just have a room request to be a listener.  Presence info is
relayed to just the listeners, who in turn relay it to it users.
Basically, allow a muc room to join another muc room.

Does that even make sense?