[standards-jig] JEP-0071 comments

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Sep 16 17:57:48 UTC 2003

BTW, Alexey and Jacek commented also in the members at jabber.org thread:

http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2003-August/002578.html
http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2003-September/002584.html

The main concern seems to be ensuring that the XHTML-IM schema is the
same as the W3 XHTML schema for each element. But we can't do that,
because XHTML-IM is a subset. We don't use all the elements from XHTML,
so at a minimum the child elements that are excluded in XHTML-IM cannot
be part of the XHTML-IM schema. The same goes for the many attributes
that XHTML-IM excludes but XHTML includes. The solution, I think, is to
check the XHTML-IM schema, *not* the XHTML schema. The relevant schema
is in the JEP and will be published on http://jabber.org/protocol/ if
JEP-0071 advances to Draft.

Jabber Software Foundation