[standards-jig] disco category for pubsub

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Sep 17 21:17:20 UTC 2003

I think we need a disco category/type for pubsub. The question is: are
pubsub components their owne category with specific types, or is pubsub
a type of a broader category (such as "notify"). The latter makes more
sense to me, e.g.:

notify/weather (a weather notification service)
notify/stock   (stock ticker)
notify/pubsub  (generic notification service)

Also, we currently list a "headline" category for which the only type
is "rss". This seems plain wrong to me, and I would like to deprecate or
remove it from the registry. Before doing so, I will query the developer
community as to whether the "headline/rss" item is in use anywhere.

Speaking of JEP-0060, how close is it to being ready for Last Call?

Jabber Software Foundation