[standards-jig] NEW: JEP-0120 and JEP-0121 (Metadata)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Wed Sep 24 11:57:32 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:36:07PM +0200, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> About the RDF remarks. This feels a lot like RDF without RDF. I understand the
> reasoning behind the current choice of not using RDF, and I am not really in
> favour of, or against using RDF for this kind of data, although using
> namespaces for objects and relations would make naming a lot easier to deal
> with (conflicts, registration, etc).

Using namespace for each element would be too much.
I think element names in the default namespace could be registered
by Jabber Registar and these should be real basic, but any elements
qualified by other namespaces should be allowed. To be practical
we break the leagacy assumption that namespace=xmlns-attribute and allow
namespace-prefix declarations in metadata results. This way we will get
quite compact XML, but very extensible because it has all the power of
XML namespaces.

Greets,
	Jacek