[standards-jig] jep-0080 (geoloc)

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Wed Sep 24 12:09:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:37:26 +0200, Ralph Meijer <jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu>
wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:25:36AM +0100, milk wrote:
>> what about having an element that describes if the resource's location
>> is static or dynamic? i.e., if the client was wireless/linked to actual
>> gps technology?
>
> What is the advantage of that? If your location doesn't change, well then
> it doesn't change. Do you have a specific application in mind?

I think what is meant here is the difference between someone manually
updating their location info (for example when you went from your home to
your work, you activate a script that publishes the coordinates of your
office) and an automatic system wich (for example based on GPS or AGPS)
frequently updates your location. I suppose it could be usefull to know
wich method is used.