[standards-jig] JEP-115 Redundancy?

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Wed Sep 24 20:54:06 UTC 2003

I apparently need to make this clearer in the doc, but a client's
capabilities are the union of the disco#info for node#version and
node#ext1..n, where the client put node, ver, and ext1..n in the clientcaps
element.  The whole thing is done so that you don't have to a) put the
disco#info in each presence or b) query each user each time they log in,
since the information doesn't change.

The presence annotation is just a pointer to the union of the disco#info's,
to reduce network traffic.

--
Joe Hildebrand