[2] [standards-jig] chat log standard?

milk miruku at bonbon.net
Sun Sep 28 23:00:19 UTC 2003

Jeremy Nickurak <atrus at jabber.spam.rifetech.com> wrote on 26/09/2003 07:14:59:

>If it's sharing log data across jabber clients you're after, I'm
>thinking that an enhancement protocol for server-side logs, browsed via
>iq's (disco?),  would be more effective here.

how exactly do you mean? the client accesses the servers logs of their communications?

>Dictating a file storage format seems kind of detached from jabber
>protocol discussion.

i think would be a good idea to create a logging standard to improve client interoperability. it would be create if i could use one client at home, and another at
work, read the other client's logs where ever i am, or even to be able to synchronise the logs to keep each client updated.

jid: milk at njs.netlab.cz
lj: user="mirukux"