[standards-jig] chat log standard?

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Tue Sep 30 15:54:08 UTC 2003

Justin Kirby wrote:

>This is a great idea. I do not think it needs to be a standard, but a
>general consensus would be great. So I hacked up a quick idea using rdf,
>and of course its in wiki form.
>
>After all, its the same data, so why can't tkabber read psi's logs? Sort
>of reminds me of trying to move mail filters from one email client to
>another... horribly tedious...
>
>Its a writable wiki, so hack on it, delete it, etc...
>
>http://www.openaether.org/wiki/index.php?ChatLogStandard
>
>Justin
>
>On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 13:02, miruku at bonbon.net wrote:
>

>>there's a jep for icon styles ( http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0038.html );
>>what about creating a standard for how chat [and groupchat] logs are stored?

Ummm..... we already have a XML format.  It looks kind of like this:

<mesage to='temas at jabber.org' from='someone at jabber.org/res'>
</message>

I can't think of anything that would be more interchangeable between
clients.  Other than that comment I agree with some of the others that
this is out of scope.

--temas