[2] [standards-jig] chat log standard?

milk miruku at bonbon.net
Tue Sep 30 16:35:30 UTC 2003

Thomas Muldowney <temas at box5.net> wrote on 30/09/2003 16:54:08:

>Ummm..... we already have a XML format.  It looks kind of like this:
>
><mesage to='temas at jabber.org' from='someone at jabber.org/res'>
></message>
>
>I can't think of anything that would be more interchangeable between
>clients.  Other than that comment I agree with some of the others that
>this is out of scope.

i definitly agree that the solution can be really and simple, just as nice as the actual streamed xml is, but at this moment in time, there is no standardised
directory structure, filename standard, or even basic file standard. some seperate the files by date, some store the xml along with "SEND:" and "RECV:"
for good measure, some store everything in one single file.

jid: milk at njs.netlab.cz
lj: user="mirukux"