[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0088 (Client Webtabs)

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Sep 30 22:56:33 UTC 2003

Webtabs are like the tabs that you get in Yahoo messenger, MSN messenger and
Jabber Inc's Messenger, they let you display such things News, stock info,
weather etc etc, they appear built into the client user interface with no
indication that they are just simply web pages. Webtabs allow server admins
to setup their own webtab pages for clients accessing the server to display,
allowing for example the isp's service status page to be integrated into
clients, or news etc.

Richard