[Standards-JIG] Jabber and Routing Information

David Yitzchak Cohen lists+jabber_standards at bigfatdave.com
Tue Apr 13 23:02:54 UTC 2004

> <iq type='result'
>     id='route1'
>     to='juliet at capulet.com/balcony'
>     from='lbs at movsoftware.com'>
>   <query xmlns='http://www.movsoftware.com/protocol/routing'>
>     <src jid='foo at jabber.org'/ >
>     <dst jid = 'bar at jabber.org'/>
>     <segment id = '1'>Depart Start on Chevy Chase Lake Dr (West)</segment>
>     <segment id = '2'>Turn RIGHT (North) onto SR-185 [Connecticut
> Ave]</segment>
>     <segment id = '3'>Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-495 [I-495
> Outerloop]</segment>
>     <segment id = '4'>Turn RIGHT (South) onto S Sherwood Rd [Sherwood Rd]
> </segment>
>   </query>
> </iq>

How about integrating a little more machine-usable info in each segment,
like its length, and the action required for advancement to the next
segment, for example?  The former you probably already have access to,
and the latter you already provide in Human-legible form, but XMLizing
it will allow clients to use that info without having to parse it out.

Thanks,
 - Dave