[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-006 (Out of Band Data)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Apr 14 03:26:13 UTC 2004

I have updated JEP-0066 (Out of Band Data) as follows:

   Clarified that IQ use is for basic file transfer whereas message and
   presence use is for communication of URIs; added presence example;
   added references to file transfer JEPs as well as related open issue.
   (psa)

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0066.html

If we want to use jabber:iq:oob as a file transfer option in JEP-0096,
we need to address the following open issue:

   In order to properly use jabber:iq:oob in the context of JEP-0096, it
   is necessary to tie the OOB <iq/> stanza to the negotiated stream.
   The best way to do that would be include a 'sid' attribute in the
   <query/> element (as is done in JEP-0065 and JEP-0047). However, that
   would require a change to the schema.

This seems like a worthwhile and minor change that would be OPTIONAL to
support; I plan to seek the Jabber Council's feedback in the matter, but
of course general thoughts are welcome.

Jabber Software Foundation