[Standards-JIG] JEP 72 (SOAP over Jabber)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Apr 16 15:08:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 04:48:03PM -0700, Sandeep Sharma wrote:

> JEP 72 is out of sync with the latest SOAP recommendation (dated 24 June
> 2003). The specific differences are:
> - namespaces used to qualify SOAP elements
> - SOAP Fault element structure
>
> I was wondering if the author or maintainer of this document is going to
> update this JEP to get in sync with these changes.
>
> In example 4, (SOAP response with error), the envelope is shown inside a
> "soap" element. Is the "soap" element needed?
>
> What needs to happen to advance this JEP to the next stage? (it is still
> experimental) ?

The author is Fabio Forno. I'm surprised that he did not reply to your
message, but I will ping him off-list to see if he wants to update the
JEP. If he does not, I will post to the list again about next steps. And
yes, the JEP is still experimental; we'd need to get back in sync with
the SOAP spec before moving forward with this JEP.

Jabber Software Foundation