[Standards-JIG] Datagram flow

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Apr 22 12:03:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:17:20PM +0200, Ulrich Staudinger wrote:
> Hi Jacek,
> you are welcome to join the discussion on
> jabber-dev at lists.helixcommunity.org . We are farer....

Yes. The Helix/Jabber project is great. But I guess it requires some
Helix components, doesn't it? IMHO we should also have something
simplier, without extra dependencies. The described UDP packet stream,
RTP and a simple (even PCM) codec can be easyly implemented without any
external libraries.

But maybe I am wrong - noone wrote here how will Helix fit into Jabber
protocol. I don't mean use cases etc., but the protcol - will it be XML
signaling+RTP or something helix-specific?

Greets,
	Jacek