[Standards-JIG] Datagram flow

Ulrich Staudinger us at activestocks.de
Thu Apr 22 12:11:38 UTC 2004

Jacek Konieczny wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:17:20PM +0200, Ulrich Staudinger wrote:
>

>>Hi Jacek,
>>you are welcome to join the discussion on
>>jabber-dev at lists.helixcommunity.org . We are farer....
>>

>Yes. The Helix/Jabber project is great. But I guess it requires some
>Helix components, doesn't it? IMHO we should also have something
>simplier, without extra dependencies. The described UDP packet stream,
>RTP and a simple (even PCM) codec can be easyly implemented without any
>external libraries.

It does not require any helix specific librariers since we go RTSP/RTP
and RTSP/RTP is a protocol description for realtime transfers.

>But maybe I am wrong - noone wrote here how will Helix fit into Jabber
>protocol. I don't mean use cases etc., but the protcol - will it be XML
>signaling+RTP or something helix-specific?

There is a version available at
http://delta.affinix.com/specs/jep-rtsp.html which justin and me forged
after long discussions both on the list and in chat.
I think it's the best approach for negotiating media independent
realtime data exchange.