[Standards-JIG] Call for Experience: JEP-0030 (Service Discovery)

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 09:36:30 UTC 2004

Peter

This quote from section 4.1.2 Nodes:
"Node attributes SHOULD NOT be used unless it is necessary to provide or
discover information about entities that are not directly addressable as
JIDs. The value of the 'node' attribute MUST NOT be null."

This seems to imply that child nodes cannot have different jids to the
parent node. Here is an example of a directory of chat rooms:

<iq type='result'
    from='conference.foo.bar'
    to='romeo at montague.net/orchard'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'
         node='literature/shakespeare'>
    <item jid='macbeth at conference.foo.bar'
          name='Macbeth'/>
    <item jid='othello at conference.foo.bar'
          name='Othello'/>
    <item jid='hamlet at conference.foo.bar'
          name='Hamlet'/>
  </query>
</iq>

Could you please make it clear whether a *node* may have children with
different jids.

Thanks,

Ian