[Standards-JIG] packet routing & stanzaTO

gregoire athanase gregoireathanase at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 27 13:37:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

to make jabberd 1.4.3 win32 delivers iq stanzas to an
intended jid (using the stanza TO field), this jid
needs to have a resource.
for example, the "/client" part is mandory in the
following: <iq id='0' type='get'
to='abc at z.com/client'>

is this a common behaviour of servers?
and is it a bug of servers, or a missing information
in xmpp-core?

i must say that i don't understand why a resource is
needed.

> Hi everybody,
>
> My jabber server (jabberd 1.4.3 win32) does not
> deliver the stanzas to the intended jid, although
> there is no problem with message stanzas. Do I need
> configure something in jabberd1.4.3?

Always include a resource in the JID if you send an IQ
stanza. It's as
simple as that :)