[Standards-JIG] FW: [Council] VOTE: JEP-0072 (SOAP Over XMPP)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 1 18:36:57 UTC 2004

It seems that JEP-0072: SOAP Over XMPP is not quite ready to proceed to
Draft, since it needs to include a "W3C Considerations" section and
should be reviewed by someone at the W3C (just as we did with JEP-0071)
before moving along. I will work with JEP author Fabio Forno to make
this happen. So expect another Last Call on this JEP once Fabio and I
complete the necessary changes.

Background information here:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2004-November/001573.html

Thanks.

Peter

----- Forwarded message from Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> -----

<snip/>

But at this point I think we should do the following:

1. Remand this JEP back to Experimental
2. Add the text required by SOAP 1.2 (see previous message)
3. Complete an informal review with the W3C
4. Issue another Last Call

So I think the Standards JIG list is the best place for these
discussions now.

----- End forwarded message -----