[Standards-JIG] JEP-0045: Room Destruction & Room Full Error Code

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Thu Dec 2 00:40:07 UTC 2004

As usual I was going through JEP-0045 and came across a couple new issues. The
first is with the room destruction use case. There's no way to join an
alternate venue if it is password protected. The '<destroy/>' doesn't have a
password attribute or a '<password/>' to pass along a password. I don't know if
this was planned or not, but may be useful.

The second was with the error code that gets sent when the room is full. It
uses the same error code as when room creation is restricted, 405. I noticed
error codes 402 and 408 are not used, so it would be apt to change the error
code for when a room is full to one of those. Otherwise someone joining a room
will not know if the room is full or if they can't create it.

I also noticed that the affiliation changes table has not had my diff applied.
So this is another knudge for PSA to finally get it right. :-)

Until Later,
Nolan