[Standards-JIG] Dead participants in MU-conf, JEP-0045

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Thu Dec 9 14:47:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

I got many dead participants in rooms. Many Clients do not leave explicitely and some servers do not detect that clients simply cut the connection. Some servers even have s2s problems and can not tell that the client is offline.

The room mus be able to determine if clients are still online. It should check the client from time to time. Is it possible to configure MU-Conf that it checks if a client is still alive?

I propose to add a SHOULD to JEP-0045: The room SHOULD check the client state by sending jabber:iq:version in 10 minute intervals and it SHOULD remove the client if it does not respond within 1 minute.

What do you think?

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf