[Standards-JIG] Dead participants in MU-conf, JEP-0045

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Thu Dec 9 18:17:37 UTC 2004

This should work itself out if the MUC service simply tracks presence,
message, and IQ errors.  If a service-unavailable (or other fatal error)
is returned from a resource the MUC service should remove that resource
from any rooms which they are occupying.

If a statement like this isn't buried somewhere in JEP-0045 it really
should be.

JD

MU-Conf
> that it checks if a client is still alive?
>
> I propose to add a SHOULD to JEP-0045: The room SHOULD check the
client
> state by sending jabber:iq:version in 10 minute intervals and it
SHOULD