[Standards-JIG] Questions on RFC 3923

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Dec 9 18:15:39 UTC 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 07:45 am, Jens Mikkelsen wrote:
> Thanks. I have looked at xmlenc and it seems much more usefull for
> Jabber than S/MIME. Have you totally given up on the JEP you wrote? It
> seems that you have accepted the RFC 3923, but I must admit that it
> seems totally wrong for Jabber.

I was going to give up, yes.  RFC 3923 was accepted, and it is a bad idea to
compete with something that has been agreed to be a standard protocol,
especially when it is functional.  However, Peter informs me that this
specification might be reworked completely in a few months, and getting rid
of CPIM would be one of the goals.

-Justin