[Standards-JIG] Dead participants in MU-conf, JEP-0045

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Fri Dec 10 15:09:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

>This should work itself out if the MUC service simply tracks presence,
>message, and IQ errors.  If a service-unavailable (or other fatal
error)
>is returned from a resource the MUC service should remove that resource
>from any rooms which they are occupying.

Yes and no.

I dont know if MUC removes resources on error. Question to the
developer: does it?

Godd if it doesm but not enought. There are clients which do not answer
to my jabber:iq:version. No response, no error. The same would happen to
MUC if MUC would ask. So relying on the error is not enough. Moreover:
there is message-traffic in the room. The messages are also routed to
these dead resources. But they are not removed. So I guess they don't
generate errors. They probably perish like my jabber:iq:version.

>If a statement like this isn't buried somewhere in JEP-0045 it really
>should be.

yep

hw
--