[Standards-JIG] Dead participants in MU-conf, JEP-0045

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Fri Dec 10 17:30:32 UTC 2004

> Godd if it doesm but not enought. There are clients which do not
answer
> to my jabber:iq:version. No response, no error. The same would happen
> MUC if MUC would ask. So relying on the error is not enough. Moreover:
> there is message-traffic in the room. The messages are also routed to
> these dead resources. But they are not removed. So I guess they don't
> generate errors. They probably perish like my jabber:iq:version.

If no error is returned then that is the fault of the server
router/delivery mechanism in question, not the MUC service.  If an XMPP
server can't reach the destination recipient's server or the destination
recipient directly it MUST or SHOULD (depending on the circumstances)
return an error to the sender.

JD