[Standards-JIG] Dead participants in MU-conf, JEP-0045

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Wed Dec 15 01:51:22 UTC 2004

Well, I'm a MUC implementer (both client and server side) and I believe
we do need to rely on XMPP servers performing the role they are supposed
to perform.  They are supposed to be sending stanza errors when there
are delivery problems.  This is a must in the spec.  The MUC service
needs to handle stanza errors (I'm not sure if the OSS one does) and
clean up occupants accordingly.

IMHO the servers/services in question should just be fixed instead of
throwing a workaround into MUC.  If you're going to the trouble of
working around the problem anyway, why not fix it?

JD