[Standards-JIG] JEP-45: Discovering occupants whose presences are not being broadcasted

Gaston Dombiak dombiak_gaston at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 20:51:10 UTC 2004

According to the JEP it's possible to query a room for its items. This will
return a list of existing occupants if that information is publicly
available. My question is how do you define "is publicly available"?

IMO, if the room is configured so that some roles are not being broadcasted
(i.e. room may have invisible users) then the returned list shouldn't
include the occupants whose presences are not being broadcasted. Is my
interpretation of the JEP correct? Should the JEP include a note for this
case?

Thanks,

  -- Gato