[Standards-JIG] MUC and owner getting disconnected.

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Tue Dec 28 06:33:26 UTC 2004

> Nobody becomes owner or admin.  There is no affiliation change tied to
> an occupant leaving a room.  After the owner leaves, the room will
> simply have no occupants of any affiliation greater than member.  The
> members in the room will be able to go about their business as usual.

And to elaborate on this, when the real owner or admin comes back they
get their appropriate role back.

An example would be the jdev room; some of us have administrator
permissions there.  If all of us who have administrator permissions
leave, the room doesn't go away, nor are there any sudden promotions to
administrator.  There's just participants, nothing else.  But if pgm,
or myself, or anyone else who is on the admin list joins, our role is
automatically set to admin... and then the room does have
administrators or moderators.  Tada. :)

--
Rachel 'Sparks' Blackman -- sysadmin, developer, mad scientist
"If it is not broken, give me five minutes to redesign it!"