[Standards-JIG] JEP-0045 (MUC) - IQ Stanza Semantics

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Tue Feb 17 22:30:25 UTC 2004

> > > All iq's in JEP-45 MUST send back either a result or error
> > > response per
> > > XMPP-core. All of these results are not shown as examples
> in the JEP.
> >
> > I know it seems obvious, but is it stated in the JEP anywhere?  For
> > example: "IQ Result responses are not shown in the
> examples, but they
> > MUST be returned by the service."
>
> That's a requirement of XMPP Core. XMPP Core a dependency. We assume
> people know how to read.
>
> Peter

Thanks Peter.  When you throw out insults, like "We assume people know
how to read," you really should proof read your message before sending
it.

Yes, XMPP Core IS a dependency.  That doesn't automatically mean the
protocol that is built on it is compliant.  I just assumed that if it
caught me off guard, even though I know how it's supposed to work (and
how existing implementations DO work), then it wouldn't be obvious to
someone who knows a lot less about the protocols.

I guess I'll stop posting to this list, as it seems you don't really
want comments on the JEP documents.

JD