[Standards-JIG] JEP-0045 (MUC) - IQ Stanza Semantics

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Wed Feb 18 08:02:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:07:40PM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 12:13, JD Conley wrote:
> > > All iq's in JEP-45 MUST send back either a result or error
> > > response per
> > > XMPP-core. All of these results are not shown as examples in the JEP.
> >
> > I know it seems obvious, but is it stated in the JEP anywhere?  For
> > example: "IQ Result responses are not shown in the examples, but they
> > MUST be returned by the service."
>
> That's a requirement of XMPP Core. XMPP Core a dependency. We assume
> people know how to read.

It is not always a good assumption. You know how many people try to send
stanzas over telnet connection to jabber server without opening the
stream. Some of such people do their own broken implementation later.
IMHO it should be clearly stated in JEP-45. That JEP is already very
long, one sentece more should not be a problem.

Greets,
	Jacek